Friday, October 18, 2013

Wind pain

Part of my job is to help patient's with their medical problems. I am to help identify minor ailments and provide appropriate treatment. This saves GPs from needing to deal with simple headaches, sprains, diarrhoea, constipation cases.

Today a lady approached me and told me she had 'wind pain'. What the hell is wind pain? When I asked her what the symptoms felt like, she told me she doesn't have diarrhoea, constipation but just stomach aches from gas buildup. I guess she meant she felt bloated. I could not identify what was causing this, and she told me the pain was severe and debilitating. She has tried products such as buscopan and degas, with no success. Well... there goes the products I would have recommended. I suggested for her to take general pain killers for the time being and book an appointment with a doctor to further investigate the issue.

When the patient was on her way I thought to myself "Gees... wind pain, where on earth did she come by such a term?"

No comments:

Post a Comment